Friday, June 25, 2010

So, why a blog?


I am new to this whole blogging thing. I actually said I would never blog because I wasn't sure I liked the feeling of putting myself out there like that. I wasn't sure if I had anything to say that someone would want to hear, and I am keenly aware that my spelling skills are less than stellar. So, what changed my mind? Brian actually convinced me to start early. He reasoned that if our baby hasn't been born yet we would have the chance to look back and see what we were doing on the day he or she was born. I think that is sweet, but I had other reasons too. I have read statistics that around 34% of Christians consider adopting and only 1% actually do. What is up with that? I suspect there are probably a lot of reasons. I think we Christians are called to do a lot of things we never do.

My hope is that others will follow our journey and realize that adoption is not as impossible as you think it is. Not everyone should adopt. But maybe there is something in your life that God has called you to do and like me, you keep telling Him “there has GOT to be someone more qualified for that!” Maybe you point to a pastor or that couple you really respect and think “now THEY could make a difference somehow”. There are probably a lot of blogs out there where people try to convince you they are really spectacular. This isn't one of those blogs. My hope is that you will realize we are everyday, average people. We didn't have thousands of dollars sitting in savings when we started this process to adopt. We didn’t have any misconceptions that we are the perfect parents. We just had a tugging in our heart that God was calling us to do something and we decided to say “yes”. This is our adoption journey and you are invited to come along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment