Saturday, September 25, 2010

Oh, how He loves us

“It is impossible for that man to despair who remembers that his Helper is omnipotent.”
- Jeremy Taylor


As I have mentioned before, waiting really isn’t my passion. It has been quite a struggle lately. We got our state background checks back saying we are “suitable to adopt”. Gee, thanks Alabama! :) Brian finished his internet training (if you know my procrastinator husband, then you know this is a big deal!) We are still praying about the country situation. Yes, that little, tiny, critical detail. I honestly don’t know how you decide something like that but we really need to do so like yesterday. In the middle of all of this Brian got out of the army and changed jobs. Crazy? Yeah, crazy is kind of our normal. So, this has given us some time to get all the new financial papers updated. I keep reminding myself it is all about God’s timing and that no matter how indecisive we are, we are not big enough to stop the will of God. Thank goodness!

On a funny note, I was really struggling last week with how all of these millions of details will possibly come together. Feeling very distressed, I was praying to God and just sharing all of my feelings. I told Him that I knew what He had said and that He was more than able but I needed Him to help me overcome some of the doubt I was struggling with. As it turns out I was starting a New Testament class where we are going through an intense study of – you guessed it – the New Testament. The first part is about Zechariah and how He was praying in the temple and God told him that He was going to give him a son. Zechariah didn’t believe God because it seemed impossible (he was old and his wife couldn’t have a baby). So, God did give him a son but because Zechariah hadn’t believed God, He made him mute for the duration of the pregnancy. I read this, remembering my prayers from the day before and I just had to laugh and say “ok, Lord. That helps”. If you ever wondered if God has a sense of humor, well I am convinced He does!! So no big updates yet, but I’m as convinced as ever that God is at work.

“When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.
Oh, how he loves us.” -(song by David Crowder Band)

1 comment: